Leadership Retreats &
High-performance leadership teams are the heart of successful organizations.
Building cohesive leadership teams can be challenging due to the countless issues that leaders face, like time pressures, egos, personalities differences, lack of alignment, communication issues, motivation, strategic priorities, etc.
Leadership teams must commit to creating opportunities to continually develop their capabilities, address important issues, and discover ways to ensure these challenges do not impede progress.
Each retreat is unique; it is tailored to address the critical business issues and unique team dynamics.
Every retreat is unique, our team retreats have covered topics like the following:
- Becoming cohesive and courageous Leaders
- Team engagement
- Leadership-skill development
- Organizational transformation and/or change planning
- Talent management
- Conflict resolution (We will leverage a CR expert)
- Bring a newly-formed team together
- Functional alignment
- Celebrations & wins
Retreat Planning Process
- What is the purpose for the retreat?
- What are the intended/expected outcomes?
- What does success look like?
Select a Retreat Runner
- Who is the person pulling the whole thing togehter.
- Will you use an employee of your firm or would you like to work with one of our meeting concierge team member?
Develop Budget for Retreat
- Budgets can run from$5K to over $500K depending upon facilitators, location, number of attendees, food, activities, etc.
Select Retreat Facilitator(s)
- Will you need 1, 2, or more facilitators?
Choose Retreat Site(s)
- Retreats should typically be held offsite (when budgets allow) – it is too easy to get pulled back in to the operations if held onsite.
- Will it be held at a hotel or meeting venue?
- Local or out-of-town? In-country or out-of-country?
- What amenities are required? Near shopping or Golf? Near attractions or in the mountains for solitude?
- Clarity around who is attending and Why?- Ensures the correct people are in attendance.
- What type of accommodations are required?
- Will spouses & significant others be in attendance?
Create an Agenda
- Create activities for the meeting that support your intended purpose.
Communication of Expectations
- You will want a communications plan with relevant contact info.
Execution of the Event
- Who is the key point person on-site prior, during and after the event
- What does after-retreat accountability look like?
- Post-retreat evaluations are invaluable for future planning.
The Get Courageous team will with work you and your designee to plan out the details of your retreat that may be overlooked with our time-proven Retreat Checklist that we use with our Clients for their custom Retreats.